Shaman-X is a free software development project. Shaman-X developments target methods and applications for multiple and complex failures combinations management, to improve infrastructure crisis control. Shaman-X already provides users and developers with the first set of free tools which addresses complex failure detection and automated fail-over in multivendor environments.
Shaman-X application software suite is designed to build high availability systems, disaster tolerant systems and a reference implementation of a crisis management application which follows Shaman-X methodology prescriptions
- WitchDoctor-WDX, is a dedicated communication software between multi-vendor
computers. WDX uses extremely strong algorithms across redundant networks and provides a distributed resource
locking mechanism. WDX detects network failures and computer failures. WDX automates application failover over 2 to 16
networked computer groups. WDX interoperates over Linux, Unix, NT and VMS platforms, simple nodes or clustered ones.
[More about WitchDoctor-WDX...]
- ConfigurationDoctor-CDX relates to easy configuration, deployment and administration tools. CDX configures WDX to manage various data replication topologies and configures HDX interactive images.
- HealingDoctor-HDX, is the crisis situation management interactive application, which prints reports for crisis management task force, and calculates equations sets to determin current seriousness level, potential degradation risks, and recovery strategic recommendations.
CDX, WDX and HDX are integrated in an easy to install and set solution Shaman-X recovery
kit which provides a set of interactive scripts and preconfigured files to fit in most usual cases.
[More about Shaman-X-Recovery-Kit-RKX...]
Main capabilities under study are these ones:
- MathsDoctor-MDX, is the real-time processor that calculates logical equations models
which represent infrastructure situations and complex failover conditions.
[More about MathsDoctor-MDX...]
- DummyDoctor-DDX, is the simulation environment for HDX and MDX. DDX is used to train
organisation staff, and replay records of previous situations as a black box analyser. DDX is the test bed to validate equations and models.
[More about DummyDoctor-DDX...]
- Fault-finding WatchDog-FWDX, reproduces hardware watchdog bahavior.
FWDX provides an exceptionnaly reliable diagnostic in real-time environments, across a specific cable, with no
added device inside the computer. FWDX targets Linux and Unix platforms. FWDX is to be ported from Unix to Linux.
[More about Fault-finding WatchDog-FWDX...]
Please insure that your plans are compatible with Shaman-X licenses. You must know about these licenses and conform to the obligation to join the text of these licenses to any piece of software you may use.
© 2003-2005, by , all rights reserved
Shaman-X.com and Shaman-X.org sites are sponsored and hosted by SISalp